- Tension Headaches - The cooling anti-inflammatory power of peppermint oil also has a long history of use to banish tension headaches. Simply massage peppermint oil – diluted or straight – into temples, behind your jawbone, and across your forehead for rapid relief.
- ADHD Support - Try spritzing some peppermint oil on your child’s shirt before study time or placing a drop on her tongue or under her nose for improved concentration and alertness.
- Fever Reducer - Because of peppermint oil’s cooling effects, it is an excellent natural treatment to bring down a fever especially in children. Simply mix peppermint oil with coconut oil and rub it on a child’s neck and on the bottom of their feet to help stabilize a fever instead of aspirin or other drugs.
- Headache Cure - Peppermint oil has the ability to improve circulation, heal the gut and relax tense muscles. All of these conditions can cause tension headaches or migraines making peppermint oil an excellent natural treatment. A study from researchers at the Neurological Clinic at the University of Kiel, Germany, found that a combination of oils, including peppermint oil, had “significant analgesic effect with a reduction in sensitivity to headaches.” The oils were applied to the forehead and temples for pain relief.
- Reduce Nausea – A medical study found that peppermint oil uses reduced nausea that is induced by chemotherapy better than standard medical treatments. Simply adding a drop of peppermint oil to water, or rubbing 1-2 drops behind your ears, or even diffusing it can help to reduce nausea.
- Energize Your Lather - Some shampoo and conditioner combos can make you want to go back to sleep. No energy. No pep. No fun. Not good. Add peppermint to your potions to stimulate the scalp, energize and wake up! The oil is antiseptic in nature, and can also help remove dandruff and itchy scalps.
- Don’t Make It Easy on the Critters - Many household bugs do not like peppermint oil — ants, aphids, beetles, plant lice, mice, and cockroaches try to steer clear of peppermint. Just add to water in a spray bottle and spray where you think pests grace you with their presence!
- Burrow No More - If you find a tick has decided to make your skin its home, just give that tick a nice bath of peppermint oil diluted with coconut oil on a cotton swab. The tick will stop burrowing, remove its head and then he’s yours.
- Leap from Lethargic - Feeling lethargic or in a brain fog? Peppermint has been known to improve blood circulation and awareness, leaving you with an energized, awake feeling. Use it aromatically.
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Peppermint Essential Oil by NYB - Review: